I'm a Mormon, you knew that right?
Mormons repent, not confess.
Well there is confessing involved in repenting, but there's something intriguing about spilling your guts to a priest behind a screen a la my catholic friends.
No one to look in the eye, a level of anonymity, someone that has to sit there and listen to whatever I say.
Okay, I'm guessing that's what it's like to actually go to confessional since I've never been, (I'm Mormon, remember) but that's what I've seen on TV. Maybe what I need is actually a therapist instead of a priest. But to save on co-pays and conversion to a new religion, I'm spilling my guts to my blog.
Here's a little look into my dark thoughts.
I love my children, but I don't always love being a mother.
I have never smoked, but when I am really stressed I dream that I smoke. It makes me feel better.
I love our 11 year old cat, but I am secretly hoping he dies sooner, rather than later. (Guess that's not so secret anymore) And I will say this again for the universe to hear. I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER CAT AFTER BOBO DIES!
If my husband weren't such a red-meat eating, gun owning, conservative-thinking man, I just might be a hemp-wearing, hippie-at-heart, vegetarian.
(I don't think my husband know thats.)
If it were possible, I would have surgery to make my legs longer, then I'd get fuller lips and then I'd go for the boob job.
I don't really want a boob job, I just want to wake up someday and fill out my bra. (Actually not my bra, someone else's bra- in a bigger size than mine.)
I believe that we get to ask God a few questions when we meet. I want to know why some people who would be great parents can't have kids and other people who are crap have as many kids as they can get out.
I've seen a UFO. I have. I'll tell you about it. I'm not saying it was an alien, but it was a flying object and unidentified. If not aliens, it was definitely government and definitely involves a cover-up.
I hate TV. And I watch way too much of it.
I am terrified. Terrified I tell ya, that we will get bed bugs. Eddie travels a lot, that means lots of cheap hotel rooms and a lot of opportunity for little critters to come home in his bag and crawl into my bed.
I really like to sing and I am really not good at it.
I've been out of barsoap in my shower for three weeks. So Eddie and I have been sharing bodywash. The scent is Sensual Amber. We both smell really pretty.
Eddie doesn't know I just wrote that. He probably won't be happy. Should probably confess it to him.

6 comments:
You're hilarious. :) Thanks for the confessions and the chuckles.
I confess. I wish you'd write on your blog more because it always makes my day!! Well it makes my day until the part where I think 'My blog isn't nearly as fun as Kate's?' But mostly it makes my day!
I confess I like to say "I need a drink" when I'm having a bad day and I don't mean a glass of water! You crack me up. We need to talk more.
And I'll continue Abby's confession, sometimes she drinks out of a wine glass filled with Dr. Pepper and just wishes! :)
Pretty sure a lot of your confessions apply to how I feel, except the smoking one! Maybe I can introduce our dog to your cat and they could take care of each other!
Thanks for the laugh! I love your blog!
I am Catholic and I repent/confess! What is so funny about it, is that if I confess to my priest, I still repent for a long time and continue to ask GOD for his guidence and forgivess. :)
I love this.
All of these "confessions" make you real. They make you the friend i remember from grade school, the friend i miss, the friend i want to have again.
We have a dog who is nearly 15....your not alone! :)
Post a Comment