
I sang in the shower today.
To an audience.
(Not Eddie, if that's what you were thinking.)
My audience of one consisted of a 21-month old holding the shower curtain open. He was letting the water and hot air escape while begging me to help him take his clothes "OFF" so he could take "a bass, a bass."
Holding a slippery toddler while washing the stink off of my own body is not my favorite thing.
So I sang him to distraction. We started with "Wheels on the Bus." The spray from the shower made the wipers going "swish, swish, swish" very realistic. He was pretty into the song by the time the horn was beep, beep, beeping. And when the mommies started shhhushing, he was swaying back and forth holding up a lighter.
My next song, "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam," sounded A-MAZING because of the high ceilings in the bathroom.
But my audience apparently didn't appreciate the acoustics because I had lost him to the treasures in the vanity drawers by the time I turned "Do as I'm Doing" into a power ballad. I was not dissuaded and washed my hair fast and slow anyway.
Unfortunately, when I got out, the boy was sucking down toothpaste like it was a Go-gurt. Okay, not sucking it down. But licking the top of the toothpaste and chewing on a toothbrush. Fortunately for me it was Eddie's toothbrush; which is fair, because he got to shower alone this morning.
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Music and Fluoride
Posted by cate at 9:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh please, please can I be a as funny as you on my blog someday!! Thanks for this post, it made me laugh out loud.
oh the joys of motherhood!! gotta love it. haha
Huh. I always lead with Do as I'm doing and make Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam the finale! LOL so funny.
Post a Comment