I'm not a runner.
I want to be. I'm trying to be. I can run. But I'm not a runner. Not yet.
I'm not a very good speller.
I have a hard time spelling Jospeh and definately- among many other words. I also mix up the words where and were, I always have. But I do know that a lot is two words. And I'm pretty good at the your/you're thing. That counts for something.
I'm not a good cook.
Eating at the table with my family every night is very important to me. I just hate making the meal that goes on the table. Eddie has asked me more than once what ingredient I forgot.
I'm not as skinny as I used to be.
I don't mind not being skinny, I just wish I were fat in the right places. Instead of bum and bra, I've got ample thigh. Lucky me.
I'm not as scared as I used to be.
If Eddie was gone when I we were first married, I would hide in my bed as soon as the sun went down, terrified of any noise I heard. After 12 years of road trips I sleep with my windows open and go outside in the dark as needed. I do sometimes, though, sleep with a MagLight. Those ginormous flashlights would make a very good weapon.
I'm not very mature.
Tonight at church we were having a lesson on canning food. Someone was speaking about the Ball Blue Book of Canning. She called it the Blue Ball Book. I had to stifle a giggle. Several times. Every time she said Blue Ball I wished that Eddie was there so that someone would understand what was so funny. He's not mature either.
I'm not a canner.

3 comments:
You ARE a great writer (is that even a word?) though! You have a way with words!!! I love reading your posts... you make me laugh!
Keep up the good work! :)
Love this post, as usual! I read this to Daren and apparently we aren't mature either. I do can, but I have a different book.
As soon as I read Ball Blue Book of canning I thought "oh no, please tell me she didn't..." But she did. And I would have laughed too. And I agree with Sommer. Everytime I read one of your posts I get inspired to be more creative with my blog writing. And then I get behind and instead write things like "We had a birthday party!" followed by pictures of a birthday party.
Post a Comment