Just a few moments old.
Crying at the nurses. (Notice the hairy arms of the nurse working on Zavier. This is the nurse that I kindly told not to touch me when he put his hand on my shoulder during a contraction. )
So in love with this boy.
Meeting her baby brother for the first time.
The morning after a long first night in the hospital.
Eddie, Faith and Zavier
Ready to go home.
THE DETAILS if you want to know. If not, just look at the cute pictures again.
On Wednesday I went to work and I was having contractions every 20-30 minutes. They were pretty bearable though, I even went to lunch with some coworkers. I saw my mid-wife that afternoon at 2:00 and she said that I was dilated to a four, Yeah! I went home after that and about 4:00 I started having some regular contractions about 10 minutes apart. I called my dear friend Yasmin and asked her if she would meet us at Deacon's t-ball practice at 5:3o. About 4:30 I called my midwife's office and let them know my contractions were about five minutes apart and I would be going to the hospital soon.
We drove the 15 minutes to Sterling, met Yasmin at the baseball field and dropped off my kids. Eddie's assistant coach met us there also with the video camera from Eddie' office. We drove to the hospital, my mom called us at 5:15 and I told her we were in the parking lot. Checked in down stairs. The clerk took us up the elevator to labor and delivery. Thankfully my midwife was waiting for me. She took us to our room and I had a monster contraction. That's when I decided I didn't want to do this anymore. She asked me to give my sample (pee in a cup) and I tried but instead I felt like pushing. I had another contraction before I could get in the bed, when she did check me I was at a nine. Then I pushed a few times while telling everyone the whole time that I couldn't do this. During one of those contractions is when I told the nurse not to touch me. At 5:45, about ten minutes after I got into our room, Zavier was born.
The cord was wrapped pretty tightly around his neck so they cut that right away and took him to the warmer to get some oxygen and be weighed. He weighed 9 lbs. 5 oz, 20.5 inches long and his head was 14.75 inches. (Which is huge. I can testify to that.)
Yasmin brought Faith and Deacon to the hospital a few hours later to meet their little brother. Deacon mostly ignored him. (That's why he's not in the pictures.) It was probably weird for him to be dropped off at baseball practice and before it was over to have a little brother. But he really likes him now, as long as he's not crying. Faith was amazed with the whole thing. My parents got their shortly after that, they had left Idaho that morning- great timing, I know. They stayed with my kids that night and Eddie stayed in the hospital with me. We came home on Friday and Zavier is doing great. He's very good at the sleep, eat, poop thing.
Our family has adjusted pretty well to him. When Faith was born I was very overwhelmed with becoming a mother. When Deac was born it was such a change for us since Faith had been our everything for almost two years. But with Zavier, he just feels like part of the family. It's so wonderful to have him in our home.

7 comments:
Congrats again! Ouch, too.
Send me your email address and I'll shoot you the jpeg of the red flowers!
jkmr1@hotmail.com
OK, I'm not feeling real sorry for you, what was that, like 3 seconds of hard labor(;-)
You look amazing,, and he is precious! Good job for 'going through' with it, and I would have told a hairy armed nurse to keep his paws off me too...
Way to go girl!!! I've always wondered if there were male labor and delivery nurses. Having a man OB Dr is one thing...a guy nurse is a whole other. I don't want a man helping me get to the bathroom when I'm bleeding all over. Sorry for the visual... the little guy is beautiful!
I love the picture of you "So in love with this boy." You look great! How is this story compared with your other two births? I'm wondering if it went fast because of Hypnobirthing or if your others were fast as well...It sounds a lot like my 1st Hypno birth--went really fast and only really difficult at the end. I also had some very annoying staff members trying to get me to do things like pee in a cup while I was just trying to have a baby. Anyway, glad you and the family are doing well. Congratulations!
Wow, that's a fast labor! Can that happen to me please? Did you do hypnobirthing?
And Congratulations on a beautiful baby!
Wow, and I thought my labor with Ava was fast at a few hours! If you have a minute when you're not feeding baby, sleeping or changing a poopy diaper let me know. I actually want a few more details!!
Kristie,
I'll forgive you for not feeling sorry for me just because I know you've had bigger kids than that.
Everyone else, please feel sorry for me or stand in awe of me. Thanks.
Post a Comment