We took a road trip and spent some time with our family during August. We had such a great time. We had a retirment party for my mom, family pictures with my family (26 people looking at and smiling at the camera at the same time? not easy,) Eddie and I celebrated our 9th aniversary (shopping, dinner and a movie- no kids!) we spent time at Eddie's family's cabin, and we went to Salt Lake to attend the blessing of my brother's baby, Eliza. Here's some pictures from our trip.
Eddie and his mom, Nita, at my mom's retirement party.
Eddie's dad, Fred.
Me, my sister-in-law Heather, and my niece Bea, chilling on the stairs.

COUSINS! Coleman, Ellie, Faith
My sister's boys were staying at my parents house for two weeks so that they could take swimming lessons in Shoshone, which my kids LOVED! They got to have all kinds of fun with their cousins.
The kids at the cabin, getting ready to drive to the meadow at the top. (Faith, Brian, Matti, Aaron, Deacon)
Beautiful Idaho. We always drive to the top of the mountain that the cabin is on. It is so beautiful up there. It's one of my favorite places.
Aaron and Brian (notice the sweet necklaces they are wearing. I let them and Faith go through my old jewelry and pick out their favorite pieces to take home. I'm sure their mom loved it.)
Faith and Matti
My family- on top of the world.
Roasting marshmallows back at the cabin. Yummy, sticky fun.
Even the dogs got in on the fun. Three big dogs playing around- lucky us. (Ours is the one on the left)
Deacon cuddling Gramma Nita
_____________________________________________
It has been TEN YEARS since I graduated high school and since my class didn't have a reunion (or they did and I didn't know) my friends and I decided to have our own reunion. Except, these girls are actually younger than me!!! BOO HOO HOO! I'm getting so old!!! But despite my elderly age, we had a great time. I hadn't seen some of them for years. Abby lives in Texas and happened to be home the same time as me, Beth was able to come up from Salt Lake and Melissa came from Mountian Home. It was a great reunion.
At the resturant: Beth, Melissa, Abby.
At my mom's house. I'm trying to figure out the self-timer on the camera.
The four of us.

3 comments:
I look like I'm about to pee my pants in that second picture! It was so much fun to hang out!
Holy cow. You've been married 9 years. That is freaking forever! Congrats! We just celebrated 2 years...I'm feeling so old these days! (Oh yeah, and we just got home-last night-from my HS reunion...crazy. I'll do a post about it this week for sure.)
I'm so sad I missed out on the reunion! I'm glad you had such a good time in Idaho though.
Post a Comment