Thursday, August 21, 2008

Faith started Kindergarten today!

I know, I know, you are probably sitting at your computer, scratching your head thinking "How is Catheryne the mother of a kindergartner?" After all, I'm barely 25 and I still look 21. (Blogs aren't admissible in court are they?) But yes, my baby went to school today. She is a full-fledged card carrying school girl. And I'm serious about the card carrying. She has a photo ID badge that all the students and teachers have to wear at school. No, she doesn't attend an inter-city school with kindergarten gangs running the hallways. We live in a town of of 300 people and there are a whopping 13 kids in her class- apparently times have changed. We'll see how long she goes before she loses the ID then has to buy a new one. Faith attends full days, five days a week. She was really nervous today but she did great. When I picked her up she had a great big smile on her face. Tonight before bed she said, "I can't wait for kindergarten tomorrow."



All ready to go!



The walk to school.


And this is what Deacon and I did while Faith was at school: WE MADE BROWNIES!!!


4 comments:

Amanda said...

wow they just grow way to fast. You can walk to school how nice is that? I usually have to drive around a few times to find a parking space so I can see the kids but still see ashlyn get to the play ground. I wish our school was smaller. Never heard of Ids either good idea i guess :)

Amanda said...

p.s. where did you take the pictures there so cute. I am also thinking about painting our door red do you know what color that is on yours or was it there when you bought it?

Clayton said...

Before you showed the picture of Deacon making brownies, I would have sworn he was in Faith's backpack!! That thing is HUGE! Does it unzip into a sleeping bag for when they take their naps?

Joel and Dacia said...

Faith looks so adorable in those pictures, how fun and sad that your little girl is growing up. I hope Deacon wasn't too sad that he couldn't go too. I remember being devastated when my older brother and sister went to school and I had to stay home. But now I think staying home and making brownies sounds like more fun than going to school!