Sunday, March 15, 2009

29

I turned 29 on Friday.

(Not 65, but apparently those are the only candles we had in the house- leftovers from Faith's last two birthdays.)

The sun was shining just for my birthday. I had a great Mexican lunch with a friend whose birthday is also this weekend. Because it's better to multiply the celebration. Then we both got pedicures at the beauty school. My fetus kicked several times and her newborn baby slept through the lunch and the pedis. Now I have beautiful soft feet and very springy pink toenails.

Eddie made dinner at home- steaks. His favorite, not mine. But that's really okay, because my favorite foods lately have been Mini Cadbury Eggs (the solid chocolate ones, not the ones with the goo in the middle. If you have never had them, you are missing out) and Twizzlers. Delicious candy, but it doesn't quite make a dinner.

Then he "surprised" me with an ice cream cake that Deacon actually told me about. I blew out the candles. Actually my two kids blew out most of the candles first and I blew out the last one. I was trying so hard to get the flame out before my kids did that I forgot to make a wish.

But really what more could I wish for?

I have a darling son who loves brownie batter as much as I do. He tells me he loves me more than the "whole, whole whole, wide, wide universe." And he pronounces banana "beenana" And he still calls me mama.

(Someday I will figure out how to get my camera to focus on my subject and not the cabinets in the background. Or maybe I will just get a new camera that already knows how to do that.)



I have a beautiful sassy six year old who sleeps in a pink room, with pink sheets and a pink eye mask, yet still cuddles her stuffed kitty "Sparkles." And for the record her favorite color is blue.

I am carrying a much-loved fetus who is growing big and healthy. If you have seen me lately you would know how big and healthy.

I think I will save my wish when I can think of something I'm missing.

2 comments:

kknox said...

sleep masks rock. good thing we have trained them young so they are able to sleep in as adults.

Tonya said...

That gave me chills! Absolutely beautiful!!! Happy Belated Birthday!