Monday, March 9, 2009

Reluctantly gifting it forward

My super creative and talented friend Dacia, had this on her blog:


"The first 3 people to leave a comment on this post will receive a hand made gift from me during this year. When and what will be a surprise. There's a small catch...You knew there would be didn't you? Post this on your blog then come back and leave a comment, telling me you're in. Fun, huh? Remember, only the first 3 comments receive the gift."


I really, really want Dacia to make me something. Really, really badly. And she has laid down the law that to get a handmade gift from her I have to follow the gifting it forward rules. So I'm doing it- with a pained smile on my face. It's not that I don't want to give. I just can't imagine that someone else would want something I made. So I will really have to think of what to send. I have made this recently and this and
I'm working on this:
But your gift will have to fit in the mail so I will have to start thinking smaller and non-living. Thankfully I'm nesting, so I do have a bit of creative engery. So to my loyal readers, be one of the first three commenters and you can have a one-of-a-kind Catheryne Trenkle handmade...something.

5 comments:

SweetAbbs said...

Pick me! Pick me! Wait, do I have to post this on my blog? Because that's the reason I didn't comment on Dacia's. My holdout was because I'm afraid I will forget to make something and a year will go by and then oops! But your reluctance cracks me up and I can't wait to get a Tommy the Turkey magnet in the mail that you copied from Faith's school project. :) But I'm not posting on my blog....haven't worked up the courage. So if that counts me out, boo.

Joel and Dacia said...

Come on Abby, just send people some of those cute baby booties you make or something.

I'm glad you decided to go through with this Cate! You can always make some monkey brains for your recipients. I always loved those! Or gorilla poops. It's kind of a toss up. Both good.

Kristie said...

yeah! I squeezed in!! Anything from you will be a treat!

TL said...

ha ha I love the circle here I'll let you double dip if you'll let me double dip. :D Especially since now I've posted a bunch and my gift it forward post has been buried. Abby put this on your blog so Cate and I can triple dip. :) Dacia is that bad?

Joel and Dacia said...

Only if I get a gift from each of you will I allow this. So, I'll be expecting something from Cate, Tara, and Abby. OK? It's only fair since I started the circle.