Dear Rock Star,
First, I'm sorry that you don't have a real name yet. This has been a challenge for you dad and me. Your daddy has come up with Omari and McLovin. He's not the biggest help. I was sure of your name 2.5 times. The first name was Cullen. Different. Not weird. Then I told the name to your daddy and he replied, "Colon? Like a butt?" That was the first time I had heard the name out loud. It sounded so nice in my head. Even though Cullen is pronounced a bit different from colon, and a colon isn't exactly a butt, it's close enough to you get teased on the play ground. So Cullen was out.
Next came the name Madsen. Once again, different. Not weird. But when I said it to a few different people they all replied, "For a girl?" I'm afraid with the name Madsen you would spend your life saying, "Madsen, not Madison." Back to the baby name book.
Last week I found Foster. I loved it! But the response was, "like foster child?" or "Foster's Imaginary Playhouse?" I have no idea what Foster's Imaginary Playhouse is, but more than one person said it, so it's legit. But Foster isn't terrible; it might show up again on the list.
Right now we really like Payson, Porter and Xavier. So Rock Star, if you have a name preference could you please have it come to me in a dream or perhaps a billboard? Just make it really obvious.
We're all anxiously awaiting your birth. Your brother and sister both say they will change your diaper and I only have to pay them $.10/diaper. I know! It's a good deal. Faith wrote a book titled, "My baby brudr" She will read it to you when you get here.
I had my fourth ultrasound on last week and got to see your cute little image again. I'll have another ultrasound next month. Apparently you are very big. 90 percentile big. They estimated you at 5 and a half pounds already. The doctor was a little worried that I might have to have a c-section. I'm not worried about that. You know how some boots are made for walking? These hips are made for birthing.
Your daddy, always being the comedian, said that they will have to circumcise you before you are born just to get you out. I'll explain that joke to you someday. But if you are like your daddy or brother, you already get it. My Trenkle men are proud of being men.
I promise you I will be a much more relaxed, competent mother. Your sister and brother got the neurotic, panicked mom. But I feel like I know what I'm doing now. If you could do me a favor, please quit doing whatever it is you are doing under my ribs on the left side. And that thing in my pelvis that makes me want to cry. If you can't, no big deal, I'll be okay. May 28th will be here soon.
'Till we meet.
Monday, April 6, 2009
A letter
Posted by cate at 3:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Hey, how about Elvis? I mentioned it to Bill, but we're done having children and so I'm putting it out there, I think it's a dang cool name:-0)
I hope the Elvis girl was kidding. I think Foster is cute. Eddie's names sound a lot like Rob's "D'Brickashaw" and "Domino". Good luck with the naming process! :)
You are so cute! Madsen is my brother's middle name and I always thought it would be a cute name for a boy too. Good luck, Tyler didn't have name until after he was born and then it was Scotty, we changed it to Tyler the 2nd day in the hospital. :)
10 cents a diaper! Sweet!
Names that end in "sen" or "son" are boy names. Any Scandinavian person can tell you that. (Hansen=son of Hans.) All the people who stole the boy names and gave them to their DAUGHTERS are to be blamed.
I think all the names you mentioned are really cute. The right one will come! Good luck these next few weeks.
So Christian is out?
All I could think of with the name Cullen was that vampire guy. But, I think it's a cute name. I'm sure whichever name you pick will be perfect. Don't worry so much about what everyone else thinks. I know you don't want your kid to get made fun of and have a complex, but do you think my parents ever imagined that Cory Connell would come up with the nickname of Doosha in the 7th grade??? You just never know how any name will be twisted around to mean something gross. Your letter was cute!
I think both Madsen and Foster are good names, I am sure you will find what you want, maybe when you see him it will help you decide.
Post a Comment