Friday, January 23, 2009

Penny theft

This little boy is a stinker, can't you tell?

Deacon had a handful of pennies yesterday while we were in Faith's kindergarten room. He asked me to hold them since he didn't have pockets. This morning I gave him those pennies to put in his piggy bank. That's when he started spilling his guts.

"Mommy, do you know where I got these pennies?"

I didn't know.

"I took them from a jar in sissy's classroom by the teacher's desk"

"Deacon, that's not nice, those aren't your pennies!"

"Oh, I mean I found them at home."

Oh the backtracking story of a liar. Then I had to pry the pennies from Deacon's little sticky fingers.

We took the pennies back to school this morning. My son hid and covered his face, but I made him stand in front of the Kindergarten teacher while I told her that he was sorry, he didn't know it yet, but he was.

It was just a few pennies, but you know how it goes: penny theft leads to petty theft and before you know it, you've got grand larceny on your hands.

8 comments:

Kristie said...

You're a good mom! It's those little lessons now that make the difference later:-)

Amanda said...

way to stand firm! Love the new picture of the family. Very cute how do you do that? How are things? We are coming up this in the first week in june are you going to be around? When are you due? I want to bring something for rock star but don't know if he will be here yet and all that. Keep in touch.

SweetAbbs said...

Oh that is hilarious! Little stinker! Those little ones are the lessons we remember forever!

watsonville said...

is that what i have to look forward to with Lydia?? oh no i better get ready! Hope you are doing well. dw

Candi said...

oh what a good story to store up for when Deacon gets married. :o) Funny.

Clayton said...

Catie,

I feel bad you're blaming this on Deacon. The only reason he took the pennies is because he's seen you take money out of Eddie's wallet!!

Anonymous said...

Well... you were feeling like life was routine; and you had no children stories for your blog. Daeacon was just helping you out!

*TAMI* said...

I love how the story changes once they realize they weren't supposed to do something! Way to make him take them back-hopefully he learned his lesson and it won't become a habit!