Thursday, January 29, 2009

He strikes again

The He I'm talking about is none other than Deacon.



Here's the picture:





Here's the story:

We had dinner with the basketball team a few weeks ago at a boosters' house. It was very kind of them to have 20 college athletes and my children over to their house and then to feed us. That's no small task.


Out of the blue several days later Deacon starts spilling his guts:

"Mommy, remember that house we went to when I was eating all the chocolate? There were some chocolates that were crunchy and I didn't like them so I put them under the couch."

When I wanted more information, he started to get very vague on the details and suddenly couldn't remember what I was talking about. Convenient.

I saw our hosts at the game Tuesday night and with embarrassment I told them that there might be chocolate under their couch. And if it ruined anything we would get it cleaned/fixed. And that Deacon would not be coming back to their house until he was older. Like 20 or 21. They laughed pretty hard and said they would look.

Last night at the game they brought me a picture of what they found.

The proof. The proof that my son is a stinker, proof that I have no idea what to do with him, proof that Deacon doesn't like crunchy chocolate.

6 comments:

SweetAbbs said...

Oh that is hilarious! I love how he does naughty things and then feels so bad that he tells you about it later. LOL. At least he has a conscience! :)

kknox said...

At least it's winter and it didn't melt! Just wait until there are two of them and they can collaberate. You just wait ;)

Amanda said...

I just have to laugh...laugh because I could so see logan doing that and also because I know my brother has done things like that when he was younger. Ha HA

Candi said...

oh that was such a good laugh! He is such a stinker. haha

Joel and Dacia said...

Funny kid! Um I love what you've done with your header, very cute!

Charles said...

So do any of the other siblings ever visit this or do they visit and just not ever comment?

One addition I think you need is an archive of your doctored family pics because the Christmas one was pretty classic.