Friday, January 2, 2009

Things I've Learned During 2008:


"Roller skating is bery dangerous" so says Deacon.



Kindergarteners sing (yell) REALLY loud at their Christmas program.




(This is Faith trying to find us in the crowd with the lights down and the spot light on. I tried to upload a video so everyone could share the experience of Ruldolph the Reindeer, but the video was too large. )




If our baby is a boy, then his name should be Rock Star. If it is a girl, then her name should be Shayla. Shayla also happens to be the name of Deacon's teacher at church who he called his girlfriend, but then she moved away to college.



Or if our baby is a girl, her name should be either Chelsea or Kelsey. Faith likes both of those names. Faith couldn't think of any boy names.



Winning is much more fun than losing.

Casper, WY has a nice mall but a very crappy unnamed hotel. For more information please see the post titled "You're the next contestant" (I don't know how to make that a link. if someone wants to share that info with me, please do.)




Texas is a really long way away from Colorado. Especially in a car with seven people and a golden retriever.

Easy Bake Oven: it bakes, but it's not always easy.



It's really cool to dig a piece of glass out of the bottom of your foot, especially when you didn't know it was there and you don't know how long it's been there. (Sorry if that's TMI)




Massages are really nice.





To have a successful garden, more work is involved than just planting the seeds and walking away.




Moving the treadmill to the living room doesn't mean that I'll use it any more than I did when it was in the bedroom.



And lastly, not so much something I've learned, but something I'm reminded of every day, I have a great family:

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Shayla is a very good name! SInce its my sister I guess you could use it ! You do have a great family! Hope things went well for christmas and new year.

p.s. the link thing is pretty easy. When you are on the page you want to link up clikc it and copy it then go to the post where you are typing the post and highlight a word or the title of it and click the little thing that looks like a link with green on the background. Its right by the t with colors. WHen that pops up paste the link you wanted posted to that highlighted work press ok and presto. If you need step by step let me know.

Kristie said...

Amanda covered the internal linking very well! We have a Shalyee and a Kelsey in our ward, both amazing people. We were going to name Enoch Aspen if he were a girl...

Candi said...

You are too cute. Those are very good lessons learned. :o) Aren't kids fun? I love the things they come up with sometimes.