I got creative this week and turned on a power tool.
The before:
This is actually a bedside table that goes to our bedroom set. It had a glass top on it that didn't survive the move from Kansas. (That could be due to the fact that the table was thrown sideways into the truck and then some boxes put on top. But I'm not complaining about free moving help.)
The metal frame has been in our garage for a while now. I thought it would look great in our living room with a few tweaks. Cut some slate tile and add it to the top and Viola! I had an end table.
The after:

10 comments:
wow I am impressed! Great job! What did you use for the tiles to lay on? way to go with the power tools. grrr!!
Nice work, Cate!
I love the chocolate, penny and confession stand stories. Hilarious!
You rock girl! Leave it to you to get so creative! I haven't been on for awhile-Deacon and the chocolate cracked me up! Sounds like he keeps you on your toes!!!
*Tami*
Very Nice!
I'm impressed!!
Um, you should have waited to post that til tomorrow, then you could have linked from my new "Work of Art Wednesday" post. :) LOL. Seriously though, I'm impressed that you cut those tiny curves with a power tool. I always want a power saw, it would increase my project possibilities endlessly. Anyway, looks fantastic!
very good...awesome teach me.
Very Impressed! We just looked at some slate tables to furnish the new house with and they were alot of money! We should have called you! At least you know now that when you are done with this and decide to change decor again; you can sell it on craigslist for at least 50.00. Easy money for a few fun days with a power tool!
Holy crap! Impressive...you've been watching HGTV!
Your table looks great! And the other day you were painting cabinets--is this some nesting instinct I sense?!
I love your blog and the cute things the kids do!
Post a Comment