Deacon: "Sissy, when we go to the basketball game, I'm going to get a Pixie Stick from the 'fession stand."
Faith: "Deacon! It's not a 'fession stand, it's a "Confession Stand!"
Amen to that. Because that hot dog from the concession stand definitely was a sin.

3 comments:
Ahhh the concession stand.....the reason kids like to watch sports! I remember beggin a buck off my dad for something and then going sneakily to my gramps to see if he'd realize my dad already gave me money for treats! :)
Then there was the time Boomer, about age 6 or so, came up to me in the stands at some game or other, maybe a girls basketball game or a boys JV because I was in the stands rather than the locker room. "Charwie, can I have some money?" Without thinking too much about it, I started to pull out my wallet to give him a buck, at which point I remembered that Boomer had recently received quite a bit of cash for a six year old, (so it must have been shortly after Christmas) and he had been carrying it around with him for a number of days in his own little velcro wallet.
"Hey, wait a minute, what about all your money you got?"
Boomer gave me a shocked look and said "But that's MY money."
This made me laugh out loud at work...from a former Catholic this was GREAT! I never liked the idea of confession..never felt it was right...
Post a Comment