Eddie and I are perfect parents and we have model children.
Here are some of the parenting rules* that our children live with.
1) The answer is "no". Unless you whine a lot then the answer is "FINE! Just quit whining!"
2) After you have been tucked into bed at night, and received the appropriate amount of songs, back rubs, cuddles, hugs and kisses, I will only come back to your room if you are bleeding or dying.
3) You can only watch one hour of TV. Unless, mommy is talking on the phone or wants to read a book. Then you can watch as much as you want.
4) If you are not asked to offer the prayer at night time or dinner, you are NOT allowed to still say your own prayer while the other person is praying. It doesn't matter how loud you say the prayer; it's still someone else's turn.
5) Dinner is served at 6pm at the dinner table. Unless we go to McDonalds or choose to eat Ramen in front of the TV while watching Sponge Bob.
6) Cookies cannot be eaten for breakfast unless there are enough that mommy can have some too.
7) If you smell like feta cheese or I can smell your feet while your shoes are still on, then yes, you do have to take a bath. Unless it's Friday night and we have no place to go on Saturday.
8) Yes, you do have to use soap. And shampoo.
* These rules have not been evaluated nor endorsed by the AAP or Dr. Spock. Just me.

9 comments:
very funny and so true in our family too.
as a new parent i just might have to borrow some of your house rules! would that then make me a perfect parent with a model child. Cause if all it takes is cookies in the morning... I am so there!!!
Good rules. I especially like #7 and #8. If you smell like feet, then it is time to bathe. . .with soap. At our house, #6 applies as well, but with the addition of cake. I am impressed that your cookies last until breakfast!
You know, that whole praying while others are praying thing might indicate that he (or she) has got some Latin American Evangelico blood because that's actually a common occurence for them, though typically it's not at the same decibel level as the person that is supposed to be praying. At least that's how it works in Chile.
Loved it! You are the 'real deal'! Those rules will evolve (or devolve) as they get older:-)
You know Chuck, I wouldn't mind a few "amens" or "mmh uhs" during prayer even though it's not quite the mormon style. But Deacon just starts to say his own prayer. Really loud. "HEAVENLY FATHER!!! THANK YOU FOR THE FOOD!!!" It's always a competition in our house.
Hahah I laughed so hard at this post! We a lot of the same things. Especially the cookie one haha so funny.
My eyes are seriously watering and I'm pretty sure I snorted b/c I was laughing so hard. Because it's all true and my child is still a baby! LOL.
I'm new here! What a great blog :)
Post a Comment