Monday, February 23, 2009

Baby Bump...

...for those that have asked. For those that didn't, please just look away.

I'm about 52 weeks pregnant, or something like that. I'm pregnant enough that two co-workers commented on my stomach today and the waiter at lunch also asked me when I was due.

And to save any of my brothers from making this comment, yes I know that my butt sticks out almost as far as my stomach.

And I am wearing pj's, wouldn't you be?

Which is the perfect segue into my next story. (By the way, I just learned how to spell segue tonight. It's pronounced "segway" but spelled way different, for those that didn't know, like me.)

Last week I was wearing purple pj's. Super comfy and warm- they were a gift from J-Love. Eddie was helping Faith get ready and I came into her room. That's when Eddie made the comment, "Look, mommy looks like a big purple dinosaur." So then I did my best impersonation of Barney.

I know a lot about Barney: rewind five years ago when I was pregnant with Deacon. It was summertime in Kansas, which meant that it was about 112 degrees outside and I was about 112 months pregnant. Or that's how many pounds I gained. I don't remember which. This makes Faith about 18 months old and at the height of her Barney addiction. I had given up on being a good mommy for the time being, as I waddled like a pregnant duck and I felt like my uterus was going to fall out of my shorts. So I let Faith watch Barney on demand. The downside, I heard Barney songs coming from the TV all day long. Which led to hearing Barney songs in my head all night long. I would drift off to sleep hearing Barney's voice and wake up in the morning as he was starting the next verse. And it was hard to feel romantic under the sheets when all I could hear was "And the green grass grows all around, all around and the green grass grows all around." Anyway back to the story...

I played along and did a little Barney dance in my purple pj's and Faith laughed. About twenty minutes later she told me that I actually didn't look like Barney because Barney has a tail and big yellow toes and I was missing those. (I guess other than that I could be confused with him.?)

About 12 minutes later Eddie is headed out the door to take the kids to school. I was standing in the doorway still in my purple pj's hollering my goodbyes to Faith and Deac.

"Bye, Deacon, love you! Bye, Faith, love you."

Faith replies: "Bye Barney!"

Funny, funny comedians I live with.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I think you look cute. I can't believe you just started showing.I still don't know how you look so good after you have them either. Barney or no Barney!!! ha ha

Candi said...

Aww I love the bump. It is very cute. At least people can tell you are pregnant. When I was pregnant with Mason people just thought I was fat. haha love the story.

SweetAbbs said...

So cute and your butt does not stick out! You should put a video on of your Barney impersonation. Pretty please! LOL.

kknox said...

if it makes you feel any better i noticed your cute hair first. love it like that!

Kristin said...

Cate - of course I remember you! It is so fun to hear from you. This post is hilarious. You look great pregnant! Congrats, and I warn you that I will be stalking your blog. :) BTW, I'm so glad you've liked the cookbook!

Tonya said...

I love you, You love me. You don't look like BAR-r-NEY. Here's a great big Hug and Kudos straight to you. Things kids say make us... laugh... too.