Monday, May 18, 2009

Karma gets an apology

Dearest Karma,


A little over three years ago you will remember that I was living in Kansas. For some reason I was in Idaho for few days right around when my sister was due to deliver my beautiful niece. She was nine months and a few days pregnant and she was pregnant ALL over. Her fingers were swollen like sausages and her feet... wow, her feet reminded me a little of this guy:


And so I made fun of her. But remember Karma, I made fun of her to her face. I pushed on her swollen feet to watch little pits form and slowly fade away. I stared at her toes and wondered, (out loud) how something like that could happen to a human foot. It was all good-natured fun.


It appears that you are here to teach me a lesson, Miss Karma. (Or maybe you prefer Ms. Karma, I'm assuming you are female, because, well you know what they say Karma is.) I have my own Shrek feet to stare at daily. I push and push and yet I can't find my ankle bones. Really Karma, I'm sorry for making fun of my sister. Please forgive me. Remember, I wasn't the one that was blessed with everyday skinny ankles, she got those. She also got my share of cleavage, straight hair and musical talent. So please, cut me a break Karma.

Sincerely,

ME



10 comments:

Kristie said...

Oh I can totally sympathize. I remember seeing for the first time - in a long time- veins and bones in my feet, how glorious! If you can get on your back with your legs straight up a wall and roll those ankles around, that does help some!

TL said...

I was laughing but then when I saw the picture I nearly wet my pants. Yikes, I thought you were joking in all those posts but it turns out you were serious. I am so sorry and so glad that you only have 9 days left (I know you are cursing me for saying only aren't you). I'll be hoping rockstar comes early.

kknox said...

:( !!!!!!! You poor thing! Eddie better be kissing some major booty right now and doing all your "woman work" (as Doug says)! I think you should keep this picture as blackmail for Rock Star someday.

SweetAbbs said...

Oh cate, I'm hurting for you! And I'm also dying laughing at the post. And also at the picture (which means I'll probably be writing a similar letter next time I'm pregnant). You poor thing! But I for one am a little glad that Rockstar hasn't made his appearance yet because I haven't finished any cute stuff for him. Hold out little rock star, hold out!

Natalie & Aaron said...

Oh man...I'm so sorry. And Ms. Karma just so you know I didn't laugh at all at this post I only felt deep deep sympathy. Hurry Rockstar Hurry!

Christina said...

I'm disappointed that your toenails aren't painted. Oh wait.... Ogres don't paint their toenails, REMEMBER????? You're the one that told me that. But I am sorry about your feet, cause I'm sitting here trying to find my own ankle bones and my ankles and feet hurt and I still have at least 4 wks left, and I've been where you are once before and it was miserable and on and on and on. But if it makes you feel better, I would massage your feet for you like you did for me. But since I'm not there, I'm sure Eddie would be more than willing to do it for you. Tell him I said so.

Clayton said...

OH MY GOSH!!! IT'S GRANDMA CROFT!!!!!!! I'm serioulsy laughing so hard I can't even see what I'm typing because of the tears!!

TL said...

Let's hope Ms. Karma is reading what Clayton wrote! It ought to be funny hearing how she pays him back! Maybe he can take a picture of his ankles next time his wife is pregnant and compare it to yours. ha ha :)

Joel and Dacia said...

OK, I'm really sorry. That sucks. I hope the swelling goes down as soon as the baby comes out!

cate said...

Ya Tara, maybe after the baby is born, instead of my hair falling out, more of his hair will fall out, except there's hardly any left. HAHAHA